Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Girls Camp Crafts

As mentioned in my profile, I am currently the ward camp director.  I love it!  I love spending time with girls!  Might sound silly, but I have two boys (ages 6 and 2) and am married to the best boy of them all!  But with all the boys running around, I don't often get to spend time with girls.  I have 1 niece and 4 nephews (with another on the way!) So pink, frilly, cutsie things don't happen much around the hive!  This year is stake girls camp and I am so excited!  The theme is "Daughter of a King" and that allows me to be cute and pink and princessy all at the same time.  But I have been trying to find crafts that are theme related.  I didn't just want to do princess stuff.  So . . . in searching thru pinterest (my sinfully guilty pleasure) I have stumbled onto a few ideas that I adapted and designed for my own personal use.  I'm way excited about these!

I found the art for this temple inspired design here.  The photographer is a wonderful lady who believes that all families should be able to afford to have artwork in their home - and she has some amazingly beautiful temple pictures available for free!  I too feel that we should all be able to collaborate and provide things for our youth and our families with little to no cost.  So I will never charge for designs!  Feel free to use my images, just please link back to my site.  Truthfully, I have seen other ideas on other blogs, but I didn't like the font used in any of them - so I downloaded the art and designed changed it up.


This is a 5x7 and should be high resolution enough to upload to your favorite photo printing site and get some quick 1 hour prints.  I'm thinking of having the girls modge podge this onto some painted wood, and then we'll hang some ribbon on it.  But!  I'm torn!  I found this great subway art here.  But, it was 8x10 and I really didn't want to spend the money getting an 8x10 for all my girls.  So I downsized, and designed a 5x7 version.  All my girls were repinning this on Pinterest - so I think they will find this one a hit!

Again, the idea would be to paint a block white . . . or pink . . . probably white . . . and then hang it with a pretty ribbon, probably pink!  Feel free to download and print off as many as you need!  Ps - these are 5x7 too!  The best part is, these crafts won't cut into my budget much!  I'll probably "bee" into them around $1 a piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment