Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ok! So I decided to blog . . .

I have to admit - I am new to blogging!  And we are going to give this a shot.  If you're looking for a daily dedicated blogger, you are following the wrong gal!  But Lately, I'm oozing with creativity.  I like that word - oozing.  Fits nicely with the name of my blog!  I chose the Glamorous Beehive for a few reasons - first, I love the word glamorous - and second, I like the concept of a beehive.  Bees are amazing little bugs!  I first became interested in the concept of beehives when we did Young Women in Excellence night in January.  We based the night off an article in the New Era, you can find it here:
  http://www.lds.org/new-era/2011/11/bees-beehives-and-you?lang=eng&query=beehives
The article states that all bees that work in, and out of the hive are women.  And amazingly, a bee will produce 1/12th of a teaspoon of honey throughout its entire lifespan.  It takes an entire colony of bees working together to produce something great.  Here in my hive, my goal is to bee-come something great, and to teach my children that together we will accomplish great things.  But only if we work together as a family and as a team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment